The Children’s Treatment Centre & Foundation had lots to celebrate at this year’s AGM.
Following their Annual General Meeting, staff, board members and supporters of the Children’s Treatment Centre of Chatham-Kent (CTC-CK) unveiled a sign at the property of the building site of their future facility.
The CTC’s caseload has grown dramatically over the last five years and is expected to continue to grow. One in nine Chatham-Kent children access the CTC-CK for physiotherapy, speech therapy, audiology, adapted recreation, music therapy, social work, occupational therapy, autism services and respite services.
“The demand for specialized therapy for children with special needs and their families is growing in Chatham-Kent,” said Donna Litwin-Makey, Executive Director, Children’s Treatment Centre. “With this in mind, the CTC-CK Board has decided to construct a larger, state-of-the-art building that will better accommodate the growing caseload.”
The new 50,000 sq. ft. facility will be located at Fergie Jenkins Parkway and McNaughton Ave., across from St. Clair College Chatham. The land was purchased in April. The new facility will allow for:
- More therapy space to accommodate the growing caseload
- Customized therapy areas for teens and young adults
- Accessibility enhancements to better serve our whole community
- CTC to develop “work pods”, so interdisciplinary teams can work together efficiently
- Family resource, education and meeting space
- Community outreach service stations
- Space for groups, specialized clinics and specialized equipment… and much more!
To add to the excitement, Chatham-Kent Tim Hortons owners and employees made a $7,912 donation to the Foundation.
Thank you to everyone who came out to celebrate the past year, and the exciting future of the CTC & Foundation.