The Children’s Treatment Centre of Chatham-Kent welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Please note only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Priority consideration will be given to qualified candidates who possess knowledge of Canada’s official languages.
Service Planning Coordinator
The Children’s Treatment Centre of Chatham Kent is seeking a part time (17.5) Service Planning Coordinator to implement the provincial Special Needs Strategy in order to improve service coordination for children and youth with multiple and/or complex special needs and their families. As the service is in a start-up phase, changes will occur to the job role as the service evolves. A full job description can be viewed on our website at www.childrenstreatment-ck.com.
Interested applicants should apply with resume and cover letter to email@example.com by July 27th, 2018. Please note only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR Service Planning Coordinator
Service Planning Coordinator
POSITION TITLE: Service Planning Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Service Manager – Speech
The Service Planning Coordinator will be responsible to implement the provincial Special Needs Strategy in order to improve service coordination for children and youth with multiple and/or complex special needs and their families. As the service is in a start-up phase, changes will occur to the job role as the service evolves.
- Project management experience in order to develop a comprehensive work plan to achieve implementation markers as set out by Ministries and in partnership with the C-K Special Needs Network
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with other agencies across multiple sectors in order to develop work plans for required task specific working groups as identified in the comprehensive work plan
- An understanding of the current children’s service system in CK as appropriate
- Knowledge of the provincial Special Needs Strategy
- Provide support to the leadership table and working groups by preparing meeting materials, draft documents for review and incorporate feedback into subsequent prototypes
- Gather information and feedback from various groups including families, youth, Francophone and Indigenous communities
- Support the development of presentation and communication materials
- Respond promptly and appropriately to clients, families, community agencies and school boards when requests for Coordinated Service Planning are received
- Complete a strength-based needs assessment to determine the need for Coordinated Service Planning
- Together with the family, identify the key services they require to support the Coordinated Service Plan
- Together with the family, coordinate the development of the Coordinated Service Plan with all key stakeholders
- Provide oversight of the Coordinated Service Plan and review the plan every six months, or more frequently if required
- Gather all data and performance measures as required by Ministry and the C-K Special Needs Network
- Travel is required and therefore the candidate shall possess transportation and valid driver’s license
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EDUCATION:
- Post-secondary social or health services, or related service discipline background
- Bilingual status in both official languages is a strong asset
- Understanding of Indigenous culture, heritage and traditions
- Knowledge of community services and supports in the Chatham-Kent Community
- Leadership experience
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to learn
- Prior experience working with children and youth with multiple or complex needs and their families
- Demonstrated strengths and skills in collaboration within organizations and in the community
- Solution-focused approach to team work
- Family-centred , objective and compassionate in approach
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability for creative and innovative thinking
- Strong computer skills
Demonstrates sound judgement and confidentiality.
Accountable to the Executive Director and Chatham-Kent Special Needs Network
Internal: – Contact with the Executive Director and all Centre staff.
External: – Ongoing communication with Chatham-Kent Special Needs Network and community stakeholders.