A roadmap for getting started with the telepractice
What is telepractice?
Telepractice is a way for CTC Staff to connect with clients and families using an online platform. Through the use of live-streaming video, we can provide intervention, screening, assessment, consultation, and more.
Benefits of telepractice
Telepractice can be a convenient and flexible option for clients. You can access the support when and where you need it, using our secure platform.
We encourage parents/clients considering telepractice services to:
• Create a space with minimal distraction and good lighting.
• Set up your device (computer, laptop, table) and ensure a secure internet connection.
• Discuss with family members and other children in the home what to expect from sessions.
• Try to ensure privacy and confidentiality throughout the sessions.
• Be sure to have all materials/items you may need during the session, readily available.
Clinician’s Role – We are here to guide and support
Your clinician will lead you through the step-by-step process of setting up for a telepractice session. We can get started with an orientation session to make you feel more comfortable and work out any technology issues.
What computer skills will I need?
Not a technological wizard? That’s okay. We will provide you with instructions for setting up the online platform as well as resources for troubleshooting technical issues that may come up. To begin sessions, you will need:
• Secure Internet connection