The Children’s Treatment Centre of Chatham-Kent recognizes and respects the rights of our clients and families. We uphold a model of Family-Centred Care, working with you in partnership to meet you and your family’s needs. We strive to protect and promote these rights, offering the most appropriate services possible, with care, dignity, and respect.
Clients and Families have a right to:
- Appropriate individualized skilled care.
- Safe, accessible, and welcoming services.
- Service in English or French based on your choice or an option to bring your own translator.
- Participation (as valued team member(s)) in all decisions about care.
- Give or refuse consent for any treatment, service, or procedure.
- Be treated in a fair and courteous manner, respecting language, culture, values, and beliefs.
- Be listened to and enjoy shared respect.
- Express concerns or make complaints in a simple and accessible manner (speak directly with staff, log a concern on the Centre website ctc-ck/opinion-matters) and be provided with a timely response to your concerns.
- Have personal information kept private and confidential.
- Ask questions and receive answers and information promptly that is honest and in a way the family can understand.
- Have appointments start and end on time.
- Request and receive copies of all client’s health records, reports and/or assessment summaries and to have these documents reviewed and explained.
- Be informed of any changes in service (cancellation of an appointment, change in therapist, etc.).
- Know and consent to the communication of CTC-CK staff with other agencies in relation to the client’s care.
- Be treated as all other clients of the Centre with respect to wait lists, priorities, and appropriate service plan.
- Be made aware of all expectations between client and therapist in relation to CTC-CK services.
- CTC-CK will make all attempts to deliver service in the manner most accommodating for the client.
- Be informed of all policies and expectations asked of them throughout the service relationship (to be explained at service initiation with CTC).
Clients and Families have the responsibility to:
- Understand that wait lists may occur for assessments and therapy and will be provided with an appointment at the appropriate and first available timeslot.
- Respect attendance policies for therapy, attend appointments on time, and inform the Centre when an appointment cannot be attended for any reason prior to the appointment time.
- Provide accurate information or updates to changes in information regarding the client’s development, medical, and personal history including custody information, and any other pertinent information that may affect service delivery.
- Be in attendance and an active participant in therapy or services the client is receiving. Any exceptions will be given to the family prior to the service.
- Not attending therapy or services if client/ family is ill and/or informing CTC-CK if a communicable disease was had while in attendance at the Centre.
- Understand that service may be refused as a result of harassment.
- Supervise children while on all CTC-CK premises, including playground, lobby, parking lot, etc.
- Ask questions if you do not understand or require any additional information.