Caregiver-Mediated Early Years Program (C-MEY) supports families with young children ages 12 months to 48 months. The Children’s Treatment Centre of Chatham-Kent (CTC-CK) partners with TVCC to provide the C-MEY programs to parents and caregivers of young children diagnosed with autism and registered with the Ontario Autism Program (OAP).
Through these programs, parents and caregivers learn therapeutic strategies and techniques from professionals based on their child’s individual needs. The program aims to build parents and caregivers capacity to support their child’s development of:
- Social interactions
- Emotional development
- Adaptive development and self-help skills
There are three (3) different C-MEY programs:
- Pivotal Response Treatment (PRT)
- Joint Attention, Symbolic Play, Engagement and Regulation (JASPER)
- Social ABC’s
For information about each program, please visit the TVCC website: https://www.tvcc.on.ca/caregiver-mediated-early-years.
To participate in the C-MEY Program, your child must be:
- Registered with the Ontario Autism Program
- Between the ages of 12 months and 48 months
If your child is eligible, the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services (MCCSS) will send you an invitation in the mail.
Registering for C-MEY Programs
Once you receive the letter of invitation from MCCSS, you can register for C-MEY at TVCC by:
- Completing the online TVCC intake and referral form https://forms.tvcc.on.ca/220115221339947
- Phone – 519-953-5680
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Once you register with TVCC, they will contact you to speak about each of the three C-MEY program options and help you decide which program will be best for your child and family. After choosing a C-MEY program, TVCC will connect to the program provider at the CTC-CK where you will begin the program.