Seating and Mobility services are provided by an Occupational Therapist who works closely with the individual, family, and the family’s preferred mobility vendor to assess physical needs, recommend, and prescribe equipment to help children and youth be as independent as possible.
Seating services are available to individuals from birth to 18 (up to 21 if still actively in high school) living within Chatham-Kent.
Who We Are:
Seating and Mobility services are provided by an Occupational Therapist (OT) with Assistive Devices Program (ADP) authorizer status.
What We Provide:
The CTC-CK’s seating and mobility services may provide:
- Assessment for seating systems, positioning supports, and wheeled mobility (strollers, wheelchairs, etc.) for children/ youth to self-propel or receive support from caregivers when navigating their home and community.
- Prescription of equipment to achieve seating and mobility goals.
- Completion of the ADP application (if eligible) and submission to government for funding.
- Assistance with securing funding for the client portion/ non-ADP funded items as needed.
- Custom fitting of the prescribed equipment.
- Reassessment as required, based on growth and changes in physical needs.
- Ongoing maintenance of the mobility device is the responsibility of the individual and/or family. Families are encouraged to connect directly with their local vendor for maintenance and/or repairs.